Thursday, April 27, 2023

Eastend: Farewell Old House



The wind is up today
 northwest again I think
The cable which brings the phone
 or the power, something vital
 clatters against an eavestrough
 sets up an eerie low screech.

When the wind really ramps up
 this old house has its creaks
 and moans and the sound
 of socked feet thumping lightly
 down stairs which aren’t there
 the boy with the quick steps
 I mean, the stairs are here.

It is a friendly house
 there is love here
 good people who take care of it
 & welcome those who dwell here.

So I will miss these prairie sunsets & the Cypress Hills.

Not so the knocking on the upstairs windows
 when Scotty the T-Rex pokes his big nose
 through my bedroom blinds
 just wants to know, the big showboat
 if I wrote about him yet today.

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment